Ingredients Sodium olivate, aqua, sodium cocoate, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide
Made in Marseille, France
Qualities Fragrance-Free, Glycerin-Free, Palm-Free
Oliver oil-based household Marseille soap already cut in small flakes.
Storage tip: store in an open bag/container or in a non-airtight wooden box. Marseille soap must "breathe"!
- Melt 1 cup of soap flakes in 4 litres of hot water.
- Let it cool a little bit, then add 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Mix well. Once you get a milky liquid, pour into an empty container. Shake well before each use. Sodium bicarbonate and vinegar are optional. The first will soften the water and fight odors while vinegar acts as a fabric softener.
- Washing temperature should be at least 30 Celsius degrees for better efficiency.
- A soap must be as dry as possible. We advice to grate your Marseille soap well in advance and keep it in a wooden box (wood absorbs humidity).
- To get rid of a stain, rub a Marseille soap directly on it before putting your clothes into the washing machine.
Quick recipe: grate your Marseille soap in a fine powder and pour it directly into the washing machine. About one half to 3/4 cup of soap should be enought for a full load.