Stovetop Coffee Syphons
- Borosilicate glass
- Yama 5 cup size (3-4 oz/cup): Dimensions: 7 x 7 x 10 in; Capacity: approx. 10 oz.
- Yama 8 cup size (3-4 oz/cup): Dimensions: 7 x 7 x 12 in; Capacity: approx. 24 oz.
- Top and bottom replacement syphons for 5 cup and 8 cup available options as well
- Made in Taiwan
This Yama Stovetop Syphon Coffee Maker is a unique kind of brewer and hailed as one of the best stovetop siphon coffee makers. Akin to something in a scientific laboratory, this vacuum-style brewer is as much a conversation piece as it is a quality coffee brewer. Also known as a Vacpot Brewer, it uses the stove to heat the water in the brewing process and siphons the water through to make a strong yet smooth, cup of coffee. This is a fun and classic way to brew coffee plus the aroma is intense and the perfect smell to wake up to.
Plastic does not come into contact with the water or grounds so you get a pure cup of coffee.
Directions for use:
- Use a slightly finer grind of coffee, somewhere around "auto drip", however, you may experiment to taste.
- Drop the washable, reusable cloth-covered filter into the infusion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass siphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube.
- Fill the bottom carafe to the 5 cup or 8 cup mark (depending on which syphon size you have) with hot water and place same number (5 or 8) measuring spoons of coffee in the top chamber, referencing the 5 or 8 mark.
- Using the wire trivet between the coffee siphon and the burner, place the coffee siphon on the burner: turn to medium heat. DO NOT TURN THE BURNER ON HIGH.
- As the water boils, it will be siphoned up to the top chamber where it will infuse with the ground coffee. A little water will always remain in the bottom water chamber.
- Let brew about 60 seconds, then remove the pot from the heat source.
- Once the coffee starts to cool the liquid is siphoned back down into the bottom carafe.
- Gently rock the upper carafe back and forth until it can easily be removed. Remove the top and bring the pot to the table for serving.
- Serve and enjoy your fresh great-tasting coffee.